If you feel like you have advanced to the grade of a basic hand therapist, you can submit a demand for recognition directed to the certification committee.
Following conditions apply:
- 1 year paying member of the Belgian Hand Therapists society (see certification membership rules)
- more than 1 year of work experience as a hand or occupational therapist
- more than 300 hours experience in the treatment of the upper limbs during the last 3 years
- attended at least 2 BHT events
- collected at least 30 points through education in the upper limbs*
* the assignment of points is explained in the regulations document
For a BHT membership to be considered as a full membership year in the year of application, the certification conditions requires the membership application and payment to be received before the 1st of April. Membership applications and payments received on or after the 1st of April till the 7th of December do not meet the certification conditions to be considered as a full membership year.
Membership applications arriving on the 7th untill the 31th of december are considered as membership applications starting on the 1st of January of the next year.
Predetermined certification moments
The certification committee will handle applications at 2 predetermined moments:
- March 1st
- October 1st
The applications will be processed within 8 consecutive weeks provided the certification payment, independent of the membership fee, is received by either March 1st or October 1st. You will be contacted within the timeframe of these 8 consecutive weeks.
Additions to and / or changes on the website will be carried out in the 4 subsequent weeks.
Find out more about the Belgian Certified hand therapists recognition form: